breeding budgies fighting in nesting box help!!!
Bookmark and Share
Forum functionality is most compatible with Internet Explorer 5+
BirdChannel Forum
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » BirdChannel Community » Misc. Bird Talk » breeding budgies fighting in nesting box... Join the Club

breeding budgies fighting in nesting box... Expand / Collapse
Author
Just Hatched

Just HatchedJust HatchedJust HatchedJust HatchedJust HatchedJust HatchedJust HatchedJust Hatched

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 11/23/2012 9:13:50 PM
i have 2 budgies in a breeding box now nd there 6 chicks there about 3 and half weeks old and everything was going well till i heard a noise in the nesting box so i looked in nd my female was on top of the male fighting she stopped then when i looked in.. why did she suddenly get aggressive? are they any way to stop them from fighting i think its there first time fighting.. the male was ok nuffin was wrong with him.. the nest day then they were bonding nd feeding each other again.. would anyone no any tips how to stop this from happen again ?. i don't want to take away the male couse of the chicks... plz can someone help me out!!!

budgie talk
Post #249475
Posted 11/19/2012 1:09:49 PM

Big Talker

Big TalkerBig TalkerBig TalkerBig TalkerBig TalkerBig TalkerBig TalkerBig Talker

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 4/21/2014 7:36:42 PM
Just keep an eye on them, think of it this way, first time mom and dad, they are going to have some disagreements on how to raise their chicks, but from my understanding the male and female should stay together. The male feeds the female, and then she feeds the chicks.

Keep a close eye, if things escalate to where the male or female or chicks are being hurt, then remove the male.

Words that Cinnamon can say: Goodnight, I love you, Cinnamon, HAHAHAHAHA, NO, Come here, what is that?, I'm gonna get you!, Hello!
Post #249484
Posted 11/26/2012 1:19:03 PM

Feather Fanatic

Feather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather Fanatic

Group: Peer Moderators
Last Login: Today @ 1:49:17 PM
Any updates on this pair?

Sometimes, if the parents fight, or they attack the chicks, it's best to remove the offender and allow the other parent to raise the offspring on their own.

In the chance that neither parent will raise the chicks on their own, you need to be prepared to raise the chicks yourself with the appropriate setup and supplies required to do so... and the time and knowledge to do it correctly.

Post #249612
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Flock Moderator, Animal Network Admin, ladyhawke50, Pepper's Pa, Monica, Assistant Moderator, FeathersNFuz

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:53pm