Just had to get this off my chest
Bookmark and Share
Forum functionality is most compatible with Internet Explorer 5+
BirdChannel Forum
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » BirdChannel Community » Pet Loss Support » Just had to get this off my chest Join the Club

Just had to get this off my chest Expand / Collapse
Author

Just Hatched

Just HatchedJust HatchedJust HatchedJust HatchedJust HatchedJust HatchedJust HatchedJust Hatched

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 3/28/2012 9:16:24 PM
My first pet that I had ever had died on me...Beasley was a wheaten terrier, about 7 or 8 years old and I'd had him as long as I could remember. Unfortunately, a large tumor started to form on his leg. To my family's relief, the vets were able to operate and they removed his leg, thus saving his life. We thought everything would be okay from there. Boy, were we ever wrong. Almost a year later, he developed cancer again. Things were different then. He wasn't really eating much, wasn't full of life like he used to be.

One day, I came home from school to find that he had passed away in his sleep. The one thing that I will be forever grateful for was that I was able to say goodbye. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm still guilty that I wasn't there with him. I wish I'd been there to hold his paw, and lay down next to him. Comfort him, you know? It's my fault I wasn't there. He died all alone, without anyone there to ease his pain or make him feel loved. I'd never been so devastated before in my life. I'm sitting here tearing up as I write this. I miss him so much. Nothing will ever replace him in my heart. Rest in peace, Beasley. I love you, always. 

Post #244440
Posted 3/28/2012 10:55:02 PM

Feather Fanatic

Feather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather Fanatic

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:24:05 PM
i think veaskey knew u loved him, and one thing I have personally learned about dogs is that they prefer to pass alone, my dog ran off to die and u said he was asleeo, He knew u loved him and he had a good life with you dont be sad he's in heaven now and isnt feeling any more pain and he probably has all 4 legs again///dont feel bad think of the happy times and remember its NOT ur fault

Lori Rocky Squirt Breezy, finches and Angel the cat
Post #244441
Posted 3/29/2012 5:53:34 AM
Feather Fanatic

Feather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather Fanatic

Last Login: 3/27/2014 9:32:43 PM
I used to be a pet sitter and had several very old and often sickly dogs and cats for clients. I agree with Rocky, they often seem to want to be alone when they go.
My first husband died young, in my arms and I have, in the past, done Hospice volunteering. Many people do not need company when they go. Or at least, not interactive company. They are at peace with what is happening and are more intent on the process of their own dying.
One of the clients I had in a group home knew his death was going to come soon ( he had cheated death for 30 years) and although he wanted to say good by to those of us who were his friends, he told me that dying was something he got to do only once and that he didn't want to miss it talking with 'the likes of you guys".
Post #244442
Posted 3/30/2012 11:45:57 AM

Fully Fledged

Fully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully Fledged

Last Login: 3/31/2014 3:41:23 AM
so sorry for your loss

Post #244460
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Flock Moderator, Animal Network Admin, ladyhawke50, Pepper's Pa, Monica, Assistant Moderator, FeathersNFuz

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:05pm