Bird toy Supplies
Bookmark and Share
Forum functionality is most compatible with Internet Explorer 5+
BirdChannel Forum
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » BirdChannel Community » Bird Product Rant & Rave » Bird toy Supplies Join the Club

Bird toy Supplies Expand / Collapse
Author

Fully Fledged

Fully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully Fledged

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 10/29/2013 4:19:05 PM
As a poor college student I have become pretty crafty at making bird toys, not in the sence that I"m preticularly reative but that I've become really good at seeing bird toys in random things.

My first toy making base I like are hula-hoops! I use all the sizes to make toys. The thing is though, hula-hoops arn't good all by themselves, I use Vet wrap to wrap the hoops so that the birds can grip onto it. It's great stuff, especially because if the bird decide to rip pieces off I can just wrap over the spots and it's good as new! I have also used cheap yoga mats underneith the Vet wrap to make the hoops a bit bigger for Goonie.

My favorite store: the dollarama (or any dollar store!) I get hula-hoops, wooden beads, cat toys with bells, willow decor balls, string to tie stuff, baby toys, cotton mop heads, and so much more! When Christmas toys come out I look for shinny tree ornaments that are bird safe. Paper bags, shredded paper, coin rollers, wiffle balls, the list goes on and on. If anyone out there is looking for good bases for toys, I find that dog choke collars work great! I cut a ring off of one side and pack them with wood, willow balls, and anything else I can find! The best part is that they can be used for years and come in lots of sizes.

An other good place to look for toys is at the thrift store. I have been able to get baby toys there, and if I'm lucky I get fleese sweaters, wash them out really well and cut them up for toys.

An other good place to looki is flea markets. We have one just up the street and they sell everything from baby toys to cotton rope by the foot, buttons, beads,  you name it!

Does anyone else have good toy part stores?

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because
it has a song.

Post #244412
Posted 3/27/2012 6:22:03 PM

Fully Fledged

Fully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully Fledged

Last Login: 12/8/2013 8:25:37 AM
I would love to see pictures of the toys you make!

I am just starting with that hobby. :)

Post #244414
Posted 3/28/2012 10:46:50 AM

Fully Fledged

Last Login: 4/7/2013 11:30:32 AM
ohhh i love the hoola hoop idea, I have a huge outdoor Aviary that i am getting set up for the year and this will be great! I also would love to see your toys that you make. Thanks for sharing.

Come Visit us @ http://sierrarocks.shutterfly.com/
Guest Log in password type in: Flock

She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot." -Mark Twain ...

Post #244428
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Flock Moderator, Animal Network Admin, ladyhawke50, Pepper's Pa, Monica, Assistant Moderator, FeathersNFuz

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 10:33pm