Lovebird right for me?
Bookmark and Share
Forum functionality is most compatible with Internet Explorer 5+
BirdChannel Forum
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » Life With Birds » Bird Species and Mutations » Lovebirds » Lovebird right for me? Join the Club

Lovebird right for me? Expand / Collapse
Author

Fledgling

FledglingFledglingFledglingFledglingFledglingFledglingFledglingFledgling

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 12/1/2013 10:07:28 AM
Well, i want a lovebird!

Soo, i was wondering it would be the right bird for me. I already have Peewee and Butters my two Budgies. I have saved up about uhhh 700 hundred maybe? I go to school from 700 am to 3:00 aclock so would that be okay? Because im thinking of getting a 5 month old from a breeder. And if "school" is to time consuming i could ask my mom to feed her. I also dont know alot about Lovebirds yet but, i do know the type i want its a Lutino Peach-faced lovebird and its going to be a girl named Tiko! Awesome name right? I also have a cat. Thoe she dosnt go after the birds inless she wants attention. I then plan on getting a regular male Peachface which is going to be a lutino split (Thanks Monica!) after about a year or so.

like What do i have come to me? Are they real messy like budgies?

Any info would be appreciated!

It kinda funny since my Parents say im not getting one!

Butters: R.I.P Aug 27th 2010-Nov 28th 2012Peewee

2 Budgies: Miss Kay and Peewee

Post #242751
Posted 1/21/2012 3:21:04 PM

Fully Fledged

Fully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully Fledged

Last Login: 9/18/2012 7:02:10 PM
First off, I do not recommend getting a young baby from a breeder. They are far to small and fragile for an un-experienced hand feeder to take on. I think you should get a hand fed youngster who is already eating and drinking on her own. Lovebirds can be messy, like budgies. They also are amazing escape artists. You will need to be SOOOOOOO careful with that cat because of the bird gets out while you're not around, your cat will make a quick snack out of her. You going to school won't be a problem as long as you have time after school for her every day. Do not leave the lovebird and the parakeets in the same cage because lovebirds can get very territorial and could attack the keets. Lovebirds do well with people and with other lovies for the most part. If you want her to be more bonded and loving towards you, I don't recommend getting another lovie. But if you think she'll get lonely during the day and your fine with a tame but not as affectionate towards you lovie, then go ahead and get another. Also, be careful with breeding them because lovies will breed in anything!!! You don't want her to lay too many eggs or she could get calcium deficiency. Good luck!

~
CUSTOM MADE PET ART
http://parrotpicasso.webs.com/

My flock:
Post #242754
Posted 1/21/2012 5:35:43 PM

Fledgling

Thanks for the info!

My plan is to get when it is a juvinille (i just guessed the age) and hand train for about a year and then maybe add another lovebird. And i probley wont get her for a couple years maybe 1-2?

Post #242761
Posted 1/22/2012 2:42:32 PM

Fully Fledged

Fully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully Fledged

Last Login: 9/18/2012 7:02:10 PM
Sounds like a good plan. You'll love lovies. They really grow on you.

~
CUSTOM MADE PET ART
http://parrotpicasso.webs.com/

My flock:
Post #242791
Posted 1/22/2012 2:50:29 PM

Fledgling

I cant wait to get one!

But, i may have to give up my budgies for her and maybe him.

Post #242797
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Flock Moderator, Animal Network Admin, ladyhawke50, Pepper's Pa, Monica, Assistant Moderator, FeathersNFuz

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:02am