I know this is the bird board but I have a cat question
Bookmark and Share
Forum functionality is most compatible with Internet Explorer 5+
BirdChannel Forum
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » BirdChannel Community » Non-Bird Talk » I know this is the bird board but I have a... Join the Club

12»»

I know this is the bird board but I have a... Expand / Collapse
Author

Feather Fanatic

Feather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather Fanatic

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:30:29 PM
My cat is gonna be 18 this year...she still is very active eats very well drinks her potty ok she has no physical problems really she plays and everything just fine...but yesterday I picked her up and noticed she has lost weight, if she is acting normaL and eating right should I be worried??? She was at the vet last about a year ago, with a clean bill of health...what do u guys think??? Ive had her since she was 6 months old but she is the only cat I have ever had...letme know what u think

Lori Rocky Squirt Breezy, finches and Angel the cat
Post #242130
Posted 12/30/2011 5:21:36 AM

Fully Fledged

Fully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully Fledged

Last Login: 3/31/2014 3:41:23 AM
I had a cat who was acting normal, when I took her for her yearly check up my vet said it was not good because she lost weight.  I did not think anything of it because she did not show signs of feeling sick.  She passed about six months after that.  But I also had a cat that got real skinny in her old age and she lived to be 22 years old.  It is not a good sign but being 18 she has already lived longer than most she might be getting frail.  You don't want to put her thru a lot of tests.  Let her be happy for the rest of her life. 

Post #242134
Posted 12/31/2011 3:55:41 PM

Feather Fanatic

Feather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather Fanatic

thanx willie, ya she hates the vet I have to give her a kitty prozac before she goes or they wont see her and I dont wanna put her threw that unless she is in pain or something worse. Thanx for the help

she was climbing the walls today....in my mind not the sign of a sick cat

Post #242173
Posted 1/2/2012 5:57:04 PM

Fully Fledged

Fully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully FledgedFully Fledged

Last Login: 3/31/2014 3:41:23 AM
oh good hope she lives a long long live

Post #242235
Posted 1/3/2012 7:12:41 PM

Feather Fanatic

thanx willie

Post #242256
Posted 1/3/2012 7:14:00 PM

Feather Fanatic

would someone tell me how to get her to stop meowing at the top of her lungs...good grief she has been extra gabby lately, she's driving me and the birds nuts lately

Post #242257
Posted 1/15/2012 11:43:14 AM

Big Talker

Big TalkerBig TalkerBig TalkerBig TalkerBig TalkerBig TalkerBig TalkerBig Talker

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:18:58 PM
I'm not a cat expert but don't they usually have kidney problems when they get older and that makes them lose weight?

I'd just keep an eye out on her in the meantime.

If she's yowling a lot maybe she's more hungry?

Words that Cinnamon can say: Goodnight, I love you, Cinnamon, HAHAHAHAHA, NO, Come here, what is that?, I'm gonna get you!, Hello!
Post #242566
Posted 1/15/2012 9:16:32 PM

Feather Fanatic

she is yowling a lot but she's been doing it for a couple of years, and she only seems to do it when she is wanting attention, I am not gonna make her suffer at the vet unless its neccisary I cant afford vet visits just to tell me she's old

Post #242578
Posted 2/14/2012 12:12:36 PM
Fully Fledged

Last Login: 10/3/2013 10:10:11 PM
hi rockybirdlove

try playing with her/he more or give him/her more attention

birdlady15
keep ur beak up

Post #243462
Posted 2/25/2012 9:56:02 PM

Feather Fanatic

thanx birdlady I do play with her alot she is very spoiled,

Post #243675
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Flock Moderator, Animal Network Admin, ladyhawke50, Pepper's Pa, Monica, Assistant Moderator, FeathersNFuz

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:58am