Budgie with lame foot
Bookmark and Share
Forum functionality is most compatible with Internet Explorer 5+
BirdChannel Forum
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » Life With Birds » Bird Health Forum » Bird Health » Budgie with lame foot Join the Club

Budgie with lame foot Expand / Collapse
Author

Fledgling

FledglingFledglingFledglingFledglingFledglingFledglingFledglingFledgling

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 2/4/2011 2:23:52 PM
I'm posting this on behalf of my parents.... their 5 year old budgie occasionally gets a lame foot after he's been out of his cage for a flight.  After the flight, his foot goes lame and he's unable to perch.  I've tried looking up what could be the cause... gout, tumor, but none seem to fit since it's not happening all the time.  If anyone has any information or has had this happen before... please reply.

-Kimberly

(Gustav's loving mom)

Post #221003
Posted 1/3/2010 1:54:46 PM
Feather Fanatic

Feather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather Fanatic

Last Login: 3/27/2014 9:32:43 PM
I would get him to an avian vet. It still could be one of your guesses or some thing like congestive heart failure or something else. I am guessing it has to do with nerves or circulation. So an avian vet would be the way to go.
Post #221006
Posted 1/3/2010 2:13:29 PM

Feather Fanatic

Feather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather FanaticFeather Fanatic

Group: Peer Moderators
Last Login: Today @ 6:42:08 AM
I agree with ickybird that your parents' Budgie would benefit from being examined by an avian vet. It does sound as if it is a neurologic or circulatory problem, but an avian vet may be able to determine the exact problem and a possible treatment.

Good luck to your parents' Budgie.

http://www.senegalparrot.net

Post #221009
Posted 1/4/2010 2:20:04 PM

Fledgling

FledglingFledglingFledglingFledglingFledglingFledglingFledglingFledgling

Last Login: 2/4/2011 2:23:52 PM
Thanks!  I told my mom when he's due for his toenail trimming to tell the vet what has been happening.  She just wanted me to post something in the meantime. 

-Kim

-Kimberly

(Gustav's loving mom)

Post #221033
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Flock Moderator, Animal Network Admin, ladyhawke50, Pepper's Pa, Monica, Assistant Moderator, FeathersNFuz

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:15pm